Wednesday, June 23, 2010

bag full o' smelly stuff and having enough


Things have been complicated here these last few days. Appointments to go to, decisions to be made. Occasionally I remember to escape into the paint. Scribble, scrub and glaze for interesting textures and to camouflage bits I'm unhappy with. There are finished pieces and NEARLY finished pieces (what is it they're missing?) and pieces being taken apart and reassembled in a Frankenstein-like manner. Usually I would've hit up the local craft stores or made a trip to Boston for Utrecht and Pearl Paint by now. However, I just keep pulling colors and papers and ephemera from drawers and boxes and they always seem ENOUGH. When in the world have I ever felt there was ENOUGH? This is a phenomena I am not aquainted with.



The last 2 days have been kinda rough so when Glen suggested we go down to my fave mall I acquiesced. He has giftcards to spend from his birthday but I'm trying to be good. ANYWAY, 75% off at Bath & Body Works was too tempting. The roll on scents I like were only $1.87!!! I got my fave and tried a few new ones too. Also picked up a great citrus scented candle. All in all I got a stuffed bag and spent very little. I even got some great travel sizes for Maine, Nj, the Cape. You know, all the fun places we plan to go to this summer.



Now I'm painting my nails this great Revlon color, "Minted", which looks exactly like Tiffany blue. Weird. I still haven't found the Lilac Pastelle gloss from the collection. Now, I need another gloss like I need a hole in the head, but the swatches of this lilac are GORGEOUS and I think it may be wearable on my cool skin. My toes are currently Pool Blue and even my gynecologist commented on them when my feet were up in the stirrups. LOL! Maybe I'll go get a pedicure this week. Shallow, but I feel like I need to do some things to keep my mood up, ya know?


I've been spray painting on the deck a bit. I know I need to do it outside, but I'm also worried about harming the birds that come to visit. If the odor were too strong they'd just wait til later, right? I love feeding the birds as it makes the cats so happy to watch their comings and goings but at the same time I don't want to poison them with the paint. I think there's a drop cloth around here I could use...

No comments: