Saturday, June 26, 2010

Glen found a new job, allregies are sucky and I still haven't shot the pix I need to

Yesterday Glen had an interview that lasted HOURS and by the time he was done it really felt too late to head to Maine. I was driving home on the highway around 1pm and traffic was sloooowwww.... I doubt going north was any better. ANYWAY, it seems that Glen DOES have the job (woot!) so we may take a quick vacation before he starts. Now if I only knew what I'm going to do. Working 40 hr weeks just doesn't seem in the cards right now. Maybe the knee operation will help my back pain. Just have to wait and see.

I've been going through a stack of paintings that either aren't done or they aren't as good as they should be. Gradually I'm working over them and trying to come to something more unique. Glen mentioned that he really liked my skull painting after I started to glaze over it. Hmm.. I really didn't like the placement of the skull or the negative space. Maybe I should do another. I want the variations of white and ivory to look like a landscape and not be immediately recognizable as a skull. BTW, its a beaver found in the woods. Nothing nefarious or gruesome.

Glen is starting to sell articles and I'm thinking I should also give it a go. What I wonder is what subject isn't already saturated. Art, mixed media, altered art, leprechauns?

No comments: