Tuesday, February 22, 2011

working on a painting

Currently revisiting a painting I gave up on awhile back. Not sure if it's coming together yet, but mucking about with it is keeping my mind off things. Today i'm going to mix some varnishes/glazes and see if I can add some depth and cohesiveness. Maybe pix tomorrow?

My doctor has finally written me a script for enough pain pills that I don't have to worry about running out at a bad time. Of course, she wrote it because the pain has been awful lately. And now I have the added side effect of itching and scratching. Lucky me. Anyway, I looked it up and it's not something to worry about. Right now I'm awake and writing here while G is in bed sleeping. Why? Cause I currently feel like I've been kicked in the back. It's a nausea/pain and I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at all.

The most frustrating part of the whole pain thing is WANTING to do things and then not being able to. I can make these lists and plans at night when I'm feeling ok but in the morning the pain is from my neck down to the soles of my feet. Then I feel good for nothing because there's no way i can do even 1/2 of what I wanted to. My uber-patient friend wants me to hang out when she gets out of work but I just can't push myself to do anything.

No comments: