Tuesday, March 6, 2012

going back to Squam...

Look at that. Who wouldn't want to return to Squam lake again and again? Coupled with the divine souls that gather for Squam Art Workshops and it really is a no brainer. I once heard it described as "finding your tribe" and I can't think of a more accurate description. A group of people gathered to make things. To create from nothingness. Humans with a need to sing, paint, write and take pictures.

About 2 weeks ago I decided to register for the Fall session before my first choice workshops were gone. It took me a few days to fill out the application as I didn't want to miss out on anything or get less than I could out of the experience. Gentle yoga down by the docks, paint and pages as well as rocks and wires. Honestly, I don't remember if these were my first choices, but I was so up in the air I let fate choose. Finally I wrote my check, tossed in some star shaped confetti and decorated my envelope. Within a week I had my confirmation in my email and a nice note about my embellishments : ) Now, there's just PAYING for the rest of it and elaborate list making (which I won't allow myself to entertain until August). Is it too early to bejewel a flashlight for the occasion?

No comments: